Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Surgery Day

Had the alarm set for 7:00 but got up at 4:30. Go figure. If I had gotten up before 4:00 I could have had coffee. Now all I get is a couple of pills, my inhallers and a sip of water to wash it all down.

Yesterday was a good/bad day.

Good because my kids and Eddie were all here. Eddie, Conni and I went to Hayfork to run some errands and then to the laundramat I wanted to wash my quilt.(Guess what Mike did! He stayed at the house and watched a game.) Anyway the laundramat is in the same building as Ropin' Rhonda's, the local bar. Eddie was going to go to the junk store and suggested Conni and I go in and have a drink while the quilt was washing. Hmmmmmm, it's my birthday, I nervous as a cat, and I'm thirsty. GREAT idea. ONE drink and I was so relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Came home and slapped Mike up side the head just for fun a few times.

Good because so many people called to say Happy Birthday and good luck. I told my cousin Carol that I can't imagine anyone with this desease not sharing with friends and family. It has honestly been what has kept me grounded and helped me through this first month. Talking and writing this blog.

Bad because everything made me cry. When I read my birthday cards, when Mom, then Gilbert and Isaac, Joe and Carol, and A. J. all called to sing Happy Birthday to me, when one of my Drs called, just thinking about what is in store for me today because it is the most scary surgery I've ever been through, On, and on, and on!

Good because Mike and I cooked a really good dinner.

So now were down to today......Surgery Day. I feel more relaxed so far this morning for some reason. Dr said I can take a xanax with my meds this morning to help me cope until he gives me all the really good stuff before surgery. My have to have an epedural if they have to take the upper lobe. I think it is to help with pain after surgery because he said he probably won't give it until towards the end of surger or until I am awake. I will be in ICU tonight and that's a new one for me.

So guys what will be will be after today. We will take it one minute and one day at a time and at least we are going to know what we are dealing with. Eddie will update this as he can and keep you posted.

Again I love you all K.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And wisdom to know the difference.

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2008 at 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and PRAYERS!

There is One who created us all that is also very concerned for your health, recovery and for your Spiritual and eternal welfare. May God grant you His peace til you are safe in Him!

Love,

Dave & Karla
Clifton, Tennessee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home