Monday, March 24, 2008

The Merry Go Round continues:

We went to Mercy Medical Center today for pulmonary function tests. These test were to evelauate my emphysema and cronic bronchitis. Both are relevant to how I'll do during and after the lung surgery. ( Don't ever let anyone stick a needle straight into you wrist if you have a choice.) They drew blood from the artery to test the oxygen in the blood. Then the tech spent the next hour and a half having me blow in and out of a tube. Even closed me in a clear acrylic booth for a few of them. Some of the test I did ok on but some not so well.

We went from there over to Dr. Schepps office to ask a few questions of the nurse and found out that they were trying to get ahold of us to change the surgery date. My general surgeon wants to assist (were glad) and is going to be gone all of April so wouldn't be available for the 8th. Anyway the date is now April 1, 2008. Don't know the time yet but should find out tomorrow. The nurse says I'll probably be in 4-5 days.

After we finished there we went shopping and my Dear Sweet Husband bought me a lap top for my birthday. Now I can keep in touch with all of you while I am re-cooperating. I also bought some sweats for running around the hospital.

Went out for dinner at the Olive Garden then, we sang with the Statler brothers and Emmie Lou most of the way home.

We were going to Ukiah and Santa Rosa this next weekend but now I am going to stay home and Eddie is going.

I am really glad the date is sooner. I want it over with. Tomorrow is the appt with Dr. Stemple for the cardio work up. Then one day back to Mercy for pre-op blood work.

As for you Eddie M........... have you heard that you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family? That's bull! Welcome to the family!

Guess that's about it for tonight. See ya all tomorrow. Love you all Karen

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Karen...Was good to see you yesterday, and Ed (My new brother-in-law)He even called me 'Bro'...
And then made a derogatory comment to me as you guys were leaving...I couldn't think fast enough to get a good zinger off to him as you were driving away...lol I love you both...And your new laptop is beautiful and so are you (Not exactly like the laptop of course) That sounds good that they moved the date forward...I agree, let's 'giterdone' and move on with our good lives...Probably see you and Ed tonight if I can get my truck put back together or l'll walk...Could probably use the excerise...
Love and prayers...Eddie M.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home