Thursday, March 20, 2008

Visit with Dr. H.

CHANGE OF PLANS: WE ARE NOT GOING TO U.C DAVIS........We have decided we can get what we need in Redding and be closer to home. Appointment with Dr. H. at 10:15 Wed morning. We already knew that the last procedure wasn't successful but he very clearly said that because there were no cells gathered DOES NOT mean I don't have lung cancer. I DO. Jenny in his office and Patty with Dr Stemple have to be two of the greatest front office managers in the world. I don't know that, office manager is their title, but they certainly know how to take care of their patients. I've never been treated better. Eddie even gets hugs.
We are now scheduled for a cardio, pulminary workup with Dr. Stemple in Weaverville next Tues. This is in prep for possible surgery.
Today 3:00 PM scheduled with Dr. Schepp in Redding. He is a thoracic surgeon at and does this type of surgery in Mercy Hospital. Several options: a mediastonoscopy(we're learning new big words) to biopsy lymph nodes in the chest, surgery to remove a wedge of the lung where the BOOGER (not a technical term, mine) is, or removal of a lobe of the left lung. A lot of this I THINK is going to depend on what shape my lungs are in from the emphysema. Can I tolerate the removal of a lobe and still have enough lung capacity. Lots of paperwork to fill out for the new Doc. Anxioty, sick stomach, lethargy all are becoming part of my daily being and it's time to STOP IT. We need to stay motivated and it's hard when we are in these holding patterns. When I am facing surgery I want it done yesterday. Once again thanks to everyone for listening for that is essentially what you are doing by sharring this blog with me. Thanks also to our local AA group who have become my support group through this. Those of you who have never been involved in AA probably can't understand how important these people have become to me. It really isn't necessary that you do and I won't try to explain. It is just one of those things that just is and I am grateful to each and every one of them. Love you all, K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home