Friday, March 28, 2008

Pre-op at Mercy Medical Center

Today is Friday A.M. Yesterday was rough mentally and emotionally. Had to go for pre-op tests and pre-admission which means we don't have to do anything but show up on Tuesday. I guess each day that I am closser (?) to surgery makes it more real. When the RN was taking my info I started to tear up and when I was standing at the X-Ray machine I started again. At that point I got p----- off and just made myself stop. I also took a chill pill and that helped. They took 5 viles of blood to type and cross match just in case I need transfusions. The tech did a good job, no veins blown and no bruising. Anyway I'm now wearing a blue wrist band the has my blood record number on it. One piece of good news is that I'm allowed to take a chill pill along with all my meds before I leave home Tuesday morning. That will really help.

I guess most people know that my older brother Ronnie died of this same terrible desease in 1984. He must be following me through this as I experience some of the same procedures he did. I can feel his strength when I start to feel down. He never complained through 3+ years of some of the most horrid timesyou could imagine.

Mom was sick yesterday and we are worried whe won't be able to come up. Eddie is supposed to stay with her tonight and she is planning on returning here with him tomorrow. Problem is that we can't chance he or me being exposed to ANYTHING contagious. Praying that she is better
today. It will break her heart and mine if she can't be here. If it takes a few days though for her to re-coop I do have a wonderful friend (Diane)that has offered to bring her up if necessary. I am SO LUCKY and SOOOOOOOOOOOO.... GRATEFUL for the wonderful friends and family I am blessed with.

Eddie is heading out for Ukiah in a couple of hours and I am going turn the Nashville music channel on and clean house. My plan is to have a great day and hope you do to.
Love to you all K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home