Monday, June 16, 2008

The cycle continues and I am so GRATEFUL.

I remember a few years ago starting a grateful journal. I didn't get very far and didn't continue. It seemed such a chore to come up with five things a day that I was truely grateful for. Now it is so easy.

Yes the week after chemo sucked big time. I was still depressed, nauseated, in pain and most awful, unable to eat. Most days I don't think I was able to get down more than 5 oz. Eddie did everything he could to entice me to eat. I lost so much weight even I could see it. I finally called Dr. Fig's. nurse for help and am now on Megase. A wonder drug in my opinion. Doesn't make me feel hungry but I can't seem to get enougt to eat. If it doesn't move and tastes good I'll eat it. I have also figured out which nausea drug works in the mornings when I wake up. I took it regularly three times a day along with my pain meds for about a week and now mostly take it when I wake up. I don't seem to need it as often. Pain meds are seldom needed now.

I have found a new lease on life. The day after starting on Megase I got out of bed and the only time I get back in now is to sleep at night. I am eating like a horse, sometimes to the point of being uncomfortable. I think another factor in my improvement is that my meds for depression kicked in about the same time I started on the Megase. I now have some energy part of the day and can do a few chores. The laundry may take all week to get done but at least I can do it. I planted petunias accross the front of the house yesterday and that is something I didn't think I'd be able to do this year. I am trying to walk each day but spend most of my days under the canopy Eddie bought me. Eddie has been working his tail off mowing and weed eating and Roseglen looks like a park. We have deer that live on Roseglen and one of them is expecting any day. Because it is her second yr she should have twins. We are truely looking forward to watching them bouncing and playing on the lawn. Speaking of babies Erik and Kirsten now have a new baby girl named Sofia Grace Rose. She is beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. Life is GOOD for now and I am grateful.


Grateful for the Drs. and nurses, at Cancer Care Consultants, my good friends at Hayfork Pharmacy for their patience and friendship, the staff at Hayfork Clinic, all the friends in Hayfork that give us encouragement and prayers daily. A special thanks to Janelle Wingert who being, in our opinion ,. one of the best of cooks, has dropped off dinner several times.Also Betty Scott for coming over and spending the whole day with me when Eddie had to be out of town. She brought me home made brownies and a new hammock. We had a great day catching up. Out of town friends and family that take the time to call. Some every few weeks and some every day. They spend bunches of time listening to me moan about my plight.I can't tell you how much you all mean to me.

I am also grateful for feeling good 90% of the time. To be out of bed, to be smiling, able to feel tuely happy even when doing nothing except being outside on the lounge. Eddie is usually close by working on something or sometimes just sitting and being with me. Our dogs, cats and even the parrot spend time out there with us. I have had people ask me in the past why we live to far out and in Hayfork. The answer is so simple. It's beautiful , the people are honestly wonderful and our Roseglen has turned into my healing place.


OH YEAH!!! I AM NOW AS BALD AS BILLIARD BALL.

Wearing scarves, hats and whatever is fun. I have wigs but haven't worn them yet. I really don't mind being bald but it is shocking when I glance in the mirror. Eddie hasn't complained at all when I am just exposing my baldness for comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home